Janelle Monáe came to the BET Awards wearing a whole mess of braids that came together to form one epic mohawk-like hairstyle we’re calling Super Braid of 2015. Marvel at it from all sides then use our modified how-to to get a similar look.To recreate something similar…
1. Separate your hair so that it’s in three sections, one at each side of your head and one wide section in the middle.
2. French-braid one side section back behind your ear and pin underneath. Repeat with the other side.
3. Take the front part of the remaining middle section and create a fishtail braid, snaking it around into an oblong bun that sits just off your forehead and pin. (Psst…here’s how to fishtail braid if this isn’t already in your skill set.)
4. French braid the remaining middle section down the length of your hair.
5. Pull the hair in the main braid loose a bit to make it wider while roughing up the texture slightly.
What you’ll end up with is a streamlined version of this complicated style that would look similar to this hairstyle we tried recently with a braided bun on top. It may not be quite as fierce as Monáe’s, but it’ll still roar.